20702 replies to this topic

#20506 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:18

Happy because this is my 17,500th post on the Forums  (and just passed 13 years too). There are two or three Forumites have been members longer than me still active.  I think sbhoa is the longest still active member.

#20507 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 26 June 2019 - 13:33

Getting home after cycling in Bavaria in our own car with our bicycles in the back.
The car had broken down on the German motorway and it did last year too. But then we came home in a hired car and had to leave the bikes behind - and were without them for a fortnight with perfect cycling weather here!

#20508 Scaredycat

Scaredycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Member: 887446

Posted 26 June 2019 - 14:41

I never have to play my G1 piano pieces again. Hopefully!

#20509 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7806 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:53

Happy because this is my 17,500th post on the Forums  (and just passed 13 years too). There are two or three Forumites have been members longer than me still active.  I think sbhoa is the longest still active member.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif    Keep it up !!!!!

#20510 ejw21

ejw21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Member: 820271
  • Skipton, N Yorks

Posted 27 June 2019 - 14:17

Last night I had my first 'regular' piano lesson for decades, having been self-taught since I returned to the piano about 10 or so years ago (I am excluding summer schools/weekend courses which I have attended in recent years). Video lesson with a teacher I know from one of my piano groups - no suitable slot for in-person but he has a regular rosta of video students. The video aspect worked fine, and I was led thoroughly outside my comfort zone. Exactly what I wanted (need!) and looking forward to the next lesson in a month's time.

#20511 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4609 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 27 June 2019 - 17:49

A wonderful double entente in a grade exam. I was accompanying, and am quite proud of myself for actually being mature for once and not sniggering! rolleyes.gif

#20512 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2810 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 28 June 2019 - 17:54

Tiny bit of schadenfreude. I know it's not a good look, but having had a ludicrous answer to a complaint I made against the police, and then no reply to my response, I was somewhat cheered to finally get a response today telling me that the officer concerned is no longer working for the police and that they would like to revisit my complaint...

#20513 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:20

Was very surprised to catch a bit of 'Flog It' just before lunchtime and see it was from the Trent Building at Nottm. University . 50/51 years since I was in there. Whilst I graduated in 1968 and left the Uni, I still had a couple of years of 'pseudo' student life there as my first job wasn't far away in Spondon. Watch this space in two weeks time for more associated news and happiness from me. 

#20514 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6570 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:23

Yes indeed - I've been here longer than you f#minor, although clearly I don't chat quite as much as you - maybe it's all those weather posts and the football threads that you update frequently.  Sbhoa has been here 18 months +/- longer than me.

#20515 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:27

Delighted to catch Nottm Uni's Trent building on Flog it late this morning. I was last there probably 1968 or 1969. 50 years ago.  ( I graduated 1968 and left Uni but worked 2 years at nearby Spondon, so continued with some social activity at Nottm Uni).  More happy news in exactly 2 weeks time from today, Watch this space !

#20516 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:32

Yes indeed - I've been here longer than you f#minor, although clearly I don't chat quite as much as you - maybe it's all those weather posts and the football threads that you update frequently.  Sbhoa has been here 18 months +/- longer than me.

Were you always Hedgehog ?  I dont remember you from early days !  Barry - clari posted far more than me, and joined not long after me.  I havent done a weather report for a while though.  I will see sbhoa soon at an event she organises every year in Stalybridge.

#20517 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6570 posts
  • Suburbia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:36

Were you always Hedgehog ?  I dont remember you from early days !  Barry - clari posted far more than me, and joined not long after me.  I havent done a weather report for a while though.  I will see sbhoa soon at an event she organises every year in Stalybridge.

No a little while ago I changed my name as I'm a teacher and I didn't want to be identifiable at all. I think it's in my member history somewhere!

#20518 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6570 posts
  • Suburbia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:38

I think Andante in C is the earliest, Nov 2003.  Will see sbhoa soon as I go to an annual event she organises in Stalybridge.  Barry clari  has been a couple of times (he has most posts)

Yes I met Barry clari a long time ago in an event organised in St Albans.

#20519 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:42

I think Andante in C is the earliest, Nov 2003.  Will see sbhoa soon as I go to an annual event she organises in Stalybridge.  Barry clari  has been a couple of times (he has most posts)

Oops I thought my first response hadnt posted, now I did  a duplicate.  Yes I got you on your profile history now. Maybe its time I had a change of key !

#20520 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6570 posts
  • Suburbia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 19:46

Oops I thought my first response hadnt posted, now I did  a duplicate.  Yes I got you on your profile history now. Maybe its time I had a change of key !

rofl.gif