jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2806 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:29

Did anyone have a pupil taking Grade 4 theory last Saturday? I have an adult pupil who came for his lesson yesterday and who seems fairly sure that there was part of a question missing in the last section. I know that this seems extremely unlikely, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has remarked on this. 

#2 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5954 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 19 June 2019 - 13:45

What was it that made your adult pupil feel that there was part of a question missing? Could they have omitted to turn a page? Or could it be that the altered syllabus was less familiar to them?

#3 jenny

jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2806 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 19 June 2019 - 15:17

He said that the music extract had the first phrase marked with a bracket, so he was expecting to be asked to mark the other phrases (as in the syllabus) but that there didn't seem to be a question about that. He says he checked many times and made sure that the pages weren't stuck together. I have told him that it's highly unlikely that there is any kind of mistake on an exam paper, but this is a pupil who works extremely hard with his theory and got 100 for Grade 3 last November, so he's understandably concerned. I did ask him if he added up the points in that question (usually 2 points for each part of the question) but he hadn't done that. It's a bit of a mystery!