• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#1 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:30

wave.gif

Would anyone like to come and perform at an informal concert in Leeds on Saturday 5th June? - any combination of solos, duets or groups party1.gif

This will be the 6th Leeds concert, and this time we're having a performance coach come and give us a taster session on how to perform with more confidence and fewer nerves. It will suit not only advanced players who are starting to perform in public, but also players of any level who are planning to perform for an examiner.

If you haven't been before, do come along! There will be lots of friendly forum folk there, and if you haven't performed in front of anybody before, this is a great opportunity to make your debut! We'll all be willing you to do well, and we've all been there, so it will be a very supportive audience with no members of the public - just fellow performers and maybe a few friends or family, usually about 20-odd of us altogether smile.gif

All the information is on the Players for Pleasure web site - see "Next Concert" on the menu bar at the top, and there's a sub-page "Concert Info" which has a link to the application form.

Although the event is aimed particularly at adult learners, younger members and teachers are also welcome. My piano teacher has offered to accompany again, but forum members are also welcome to accompany if you would like to.

If you've got any questions when you've read the info, do contact me. I prefer email if you've got my address so that I've got all the concert messages in one place, but if you haven't got my email address, feel free to PM me party1.gif

The closing date for applications is Tuesday 11th May

#2 Guest: lucky045_*

Guest: lucky045_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:42

Skylark, when do you have to know by? I'd really, really like to come, but it's my birthday the day before, and though I'd rather hide under the bed and forget about it, family and friends are all arranging amongst themselves to come and visit and do things... And they either haven't sorted, or won't tell me, the details!
Can I still be a maybe, or do I have to make my mind up now?

#3 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:01

The closing date is Tuesday May 11th - it's on the concert web site but I'll go and put it in my first post as well. Hope you'll be able to come Lucky party1.gif

#4 Guest: nova_*

Guest: nova_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:54

I'm not sure I will be able to make it this time, but I should know by the 11th. The performance coach sounds really interesting, I hope I can come.
N

#5 Guest: Solari_*

Guest: Solari_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 17:23

Might be interested in this.... Will let you know! smile.gif

(any excuse for a musical weekend away!)

#6 pianomonkey

pianomonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Member: 45759

Posted 02 May 2010 - 17:29

I'm still interested in coming along - do you know if anyone would be interested in that trio I mentioned (with piano). I'll complete the form asap

#7 Clari-Netty

Clari-Netty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Member: 80696
  • Portsmouth, South East, Hampshire.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 17:47

i would love to come to one of these one day but your half a country away from me sad.gif they always look like just so much fun and a performance coach would be really interesting

are there any players for pleasure event planned for the south coast or surroundings anytime this year?

#8 Guest: The Old Lady_*

Guest: The Old Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 19:35

Yes please.
Bev. smile.gif

#9 LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Member: 12518

Posted 02 May 2010 - 20:26

I'd love to come along but finding it difficult to plan too far ahead at the mo - and 'things' keep cropping up all the time! (btw sorry I didn't make it to Dyrham - usual rubbish...).

Hope it goes well smile.gif

LT x

#10 gedall40

gedall40

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts
  • Member: 35143
  • Kenilworth

Posted 02 May 2010 - 21:49

As you have successfully managed to avoid my birthday weekend, Skyers, please put me down for a definite (if you will have me, that is, after all the problems I caused at Dyrham smile.gif ).

PS, and if it helps my case, I like the new website biggrin.gif .

#11 Flossie

Flossie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7103 posts
  • Member: 52007
  • N.E. England

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:13

Skylark - will the performance coach person be watching everything and picking apart everything we do? unsure.gif

#12 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:34

QUOTE(nova @ May 2 2010, 11:54 AM) View Post
I'm not sure I will be able to make it this time, but I should know by the 11th. The performance coach sounds really interesting, I hope I can come.
N

Yes I think it will be a good session - hope you'll be able to make it smile.gif

QUOTE(Solari @ May 2 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post
Might be interested in this.... Will let you know! smile.gif

(any excuse for a musical weekend away!)

Oh yes do come if you can, Solari - I'm sure you'd enjoy it!

QUOTE(pianomonkey @ May 2 2010, 06:29 PM) View Post
I'm still interested in coming along - do you know if anyone would be interested in that trio I mentioned (with piano). I'll complete the form asap

A cellist of G5 standard might be coming - would that be a suitable level? I'm sure we'll have some violinists as well. Look forward to hearing you play party1.gif

QUOTE(Clari-Netty @ May 2 2010, 06:47 PM) View Post
i would love to come to one of these one day but your half a country away from me sad.gif they always look like just so much fun and a performance coach would be really interesting

are there any players for pleasure event planned for the south coast or surroundings anytime this year?

Hi Clari-Netty! Some people do travel up from London and the South East, but it might involve an overnight stay which I know can be difficult. I haven't got anything planned at the moment for your area, I'm afraid. Hope to meet you though at another event some time clarinet.gif

QUOTE(The Old Lady @ May 2 2010, 08:35 PM) View Post
Yes please.
Bev. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(LooneyTunes @ May 2 2010, 09:26 PM) View Post
I'd love to come along but finding it difficult to plan too far ahead at the mo - and 'things' keep cropping up all the time! (btw sorry I didn't make it to Dyrham - usual rubbish...).

Hope it goes well smile.gif

LT x

Thanks, LT, and I hope things quieten down on your front before too long smile.gif

QUOTE(gedall40 @ May 2 2010, 10:49 PM) View Post
As you have successfully managed to avoid my birthday weekend, Skyers, please put me down for a definite (if you will have me, that is, after all the problems I caused at Dyrham smile.gif ).

You caused problems, Mr G? Oh surely not whistling.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(gedall40 @ May 2 2010, 10:49 PM) View Post

PS, and if it helps my case, I like the new website biggrin.gif .

You charmer you - but thank you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Flossie @ May 2 2010, 11:13 PM) View Post
Skylark - will the performance coach person be watching everything and picking apart everything we do? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif I hope not! Jane is very nice - she teaches at the college. I don't know the exact format yet - Jane is waiting to hear how many of us there will be and what instruments etc. Tbh in an hour's taster session when there are likely to be quite a number of us, I think it will be difficult to give guidance on an individual basis (although I might be wrong). I'll check with her before the event, but if anyone feels at all uncomfortable about any aspect of it, let me know and I'll have a word with her about it.

Hope you'll be able to come Flossie smile.gif

#13 Babybird2

Babybird2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
  • Member: 25449
  • Yorkshire

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:38

Erm... I just remembered that you sent an e-mail about this ages ago that I forgot to reply to. Sorry blush.gif

I don't know if I can make it to be honest, will have a think unsure.gif

#14 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:41

QUOTE(Babybird2 @ May 2 2010, 11:38 PM) View Post
Erm... I just remembered that you sent an e-mail about this ages ago that I forgot to reply to. Sorry blush.gif

I don't know if I can make it to be honest, will have a think unsure.gif

It would be nice to see you again smile.gif

(nothing to do with buns, honestly tongue.gif)

#15 oldnotes

oldnotes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Member: 28524
  • North Yorkshire, by the sea.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:44

Please count me in. Wouldn't miss it! form and details soon. Need to decide if I can cut my Liszt 'Hymn for the awakening child' by one third without ruining it (it's 7'30" long). smile.gif