Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16351 posts
  • Member: 275
  • North Surrey

Posted 05 November 2009 - 15:42

QUOTE(amber_piano @ Nov 4 2009, 12:28 PM) View Post

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make this one. sad.gif It clashes with something else.

Hope you all have a great time (which I'm sure you will)

goodLuck.gif

Sorry I missed spotting this earlier, Amber_piano. And even more sorry that you can't make it this time sad.gif

#32 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6732 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 05 November 2009 - 17:25

Barry, how do you find out about train disruption so far in advance? My lot (national express east anglia) have a couple listed for early Feb, but there 'list of February disruption' I won't expect to be published until January. Do you have somewhere special you look it up?!

#33 amber_piano

amber_piano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Member: 7253
  • Durham

Posted 05 November 2009 - 17:58

QUOTE(oboe d'amore @ Nov 5 2009, 09:37 AM) View Post

QUOTE(amber_piano @ Nov 4 2009, 12:28 PM) View Post

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make this one. sad.gif It clashes with something else.

Hope you all have a great time (which I'm sure you will)

goodLuck.gif

It is very pity... I wanted to do duet this year!
Never mind - I am sure we will have a chance to do one day! rolleyes.gif

I know. I was looking forward to it and it was one of the reasons I was most disappointed not to be able to go. Hope we get to do a duet one day soon.

#34 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16351 posts
  • Member: 275
  • North Surrey

Posted 05 November 2009 - 19:06

Shall I try and book the King's Head pub again for the post-concert meal? It's where we went last year when the Adelaide was booked up.

#35 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 05 November 2009 - 20:08

QUOTE(katyjay @ Nov 5 2009, 07:06 PM) View Post

Shall I try and book the King's Head pub again for the post-concert meal? It's where we went last year when the Adelaide was booked up.

I preferred the Adelaide but am happy enough to go with whatever is arranged.

#36 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 05 November 2009 - 20:45

QUOTE(Maizie @ Nov 5 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

Barry, how do you find out about train disruption so far in advance? My lot (national express east anglia) have a couple listed for early Feb, but there 'list of February disruption' I won't expect to be published until January. Do you have somewhere special you look it up?!

TfL publish tube disruption on their website up to six months in advance, and currently they're up to date up to about the end of April. Southeastern Trains are also excellent at updating engineering details for their network, and they are up to date to the end of January.

Otherwise, I use National Rail Enquiries, and they have details at the moment up to the 9th January.

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Nov 5 2009, 08:08 PM) View Post

I'm equally happy with either katyjay smile.gif

#37 Guest: Solari_*

Guest: Solari_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:40

I think I may just turn up as a spectator on second thoughts... the thought of a formal, programmed concert is really not flicking my switch right now... plus I don't think I'll have anything new up to scratch by then (plus anything I would play would be over 5 minutes long)... wacko.gif

#38 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:47

QUOTE(Solari @ Nov 5 2009, 10:40 PM) View Post

I think I may just turn up as a spectator on second thoughts... the thought of a formal, programmed concert is really not flicking my switch right now... plus I don't think I'll have anything new up to scratch by then (plus anything I would play would be over 5 minutes long)... wacko.gif

You've got time to think about it Sol smile.gif : whatever you decide to do, you'll be most welcome, and there's beer and food afterwards yay.gif

#39 Guest: Juniper_*

Guest: Juniper_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:54

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 5 2009, 10:47 PM) View Post

You've got time to think about it Sol smile.gif : whatever you decide to do, you'll be most welcome, and there's beer and food afterwards yay.gif

Yeah would be great to hear you play if you do change your mind. I am determined to play piano in front of a human audience instead of my dogs but I might end up hiding and shaking in a corner unsure.gif

#40 Guest: Solari_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 23:08

QUOTE(Juniper @ Nov 5 2009, 10:54 PM) View Post

Yeah would be great to hear you play if you do change your mind. I am determined to play piano in front of a human audience instead of my dogs but I might end up hiding and shaking in a corner unsure.gif

I don't have a problem in a casual environment where it's generally accepted that we're messing around, but I found my pupil's concert to be about 6548.12 times more stressful than the last piano playday I arranged smile.gif A "formal" environment will probably result in my brain turning into green mush and oozing out of my ears, which would be most embarrassing. tongue.gif

I'll think about it smile.gif

#41 oboe d'amore

oboe d'amore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Member: 46363
  • Greater London (kent)

Posted 05 November 2009 - 23:26

Sol, don:t worry.
I was exact same - extreamly nervous. And my piece was under 2 minutes! so?
it doesn't matter, we were still enjoyed!
I really enjoyed to talk to people and meet new friends. This is why I want to come more forum events.

whichever you choose, all ok. Looking forward to see you there. rolleyes.gif

#42 Suepea

Suepea

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts
  • Member: 299
  • Ashford Middlesex

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:27

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Nov 5 2009, 08:08 PM) View Post

Yes, I preferred the Adelaide too.

#43 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6732 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:09

Form (and cheque) are in the post! Squeeeee! Very exciting but already rather scary...

#44 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:51

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 5 2009, 10:47 PM) View Post

It's not THAT formal.

#45 Guest: Solari_*

• Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 13:22

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Nov 6 2009, 12:51 PM) View Post

It's not THAT formal.

To someone like me, who likes to dress like a tramp outside of work, it is. I do enough "formal" during the week! biggrin.gif

I don't think I feel ready to give a proper "performance" of anything at the moment. I'm happy to do casual playdays but that's my limit right now. smile.gif