Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Member: 44946
  • Walsall - West Mids

Posted 22 February 2010 - 22:29

QUOTE(oboe d'amore @ Feb 22 2010, 10:07 PM) View Post

It was a great duet! It is so nice to hear pop music instead of all classic music. It made us so happy!Thank you. laugh.gif

Mmmm - wonder if they do a string duet version of Dancing Queen biggrin.gif

Glad you all enjoyed it. The aim of bringing a little light relief was accomplished then

#392 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 22 February 2010 - 22:41

Barry's question : Lois, did you hear anyone singing during our duet?... laugh.gif

Hi Barry and lois

I and my daughter were singing with your duet!
I asked to her "be quiet" but she was so pleased and excited to hear -as her birthday party next month has been arranged performance party "Mamma Mia", she just could not help stop singing!

I think I should had asked "lois & Barry" to come over our party instead of performer!

It was a great duet! It is so nice to hear pop music instead of all classic music. It made us so happy!Thank you. laugh.gif

Thanks! smile.gif Glad your daughter sang along! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(lois @ Feb 22 2010, 10:29 PM) View Post

If they don't, I can always arrange it biggrin.gif

#393 2childmum

2childmum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Member: 12833
  • London

Posted 22 February 2010 - 22:46

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 22 2010, 10:41 PM) View Post

Barry's question : Lois, did you hear anyone singing during our duet?... laugh.gif

Hi Barry and lois

I and my daughter were singing with your duet!
I asked to her "be quiet" but she was so pleased and excited to hear -as her birthday party next month has been arranged performance party "Mamma Mia", she just could not help stop singing!

I think I should had asked "lois & Barry" to come over our party instead of performer!

Thanks! smile.gif Glad your daughter sang along! biggrin.gif

If they don't, I can always arrange it biggrin.gif

With a viola part? (pref. pizzicato!)

It's happened again! When I attempt to quote things and then reply my reply ends up the quote box! What am I doing wrong?

#394 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 22 February 2010 - 22:48

yes, with a viola pizzicato part 2childmum biggrin.gif

#395 Guest: Juniper_*

Guest: Juniper_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 22 February 2010 - 22:51

QUOTE(2childmum @ Feb 22 2010, 10:46 PM) View Post

It's happened again! When I attempt to quote things and then reply my reply ends up the quote box! What am I doing wrong?

I keep doing that. It would appear that I seem to put the final quote bit under what I've written if that makes sense smile.gif

#396 Guest: missypiano_*

Guest: missypiano_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:20

Glad you all enjoyed it. The aim of bringing a little light relief was accomplished then

I have to agree, mamma mia was great! smile.gif I remember looking around to see if anybody was singing. Had anybody done so, I would have joined in! biggrin.gif
Looking forward to the duet version of Dancing Queen!!!! smile.gif

#397 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:43

QUOTE(missypiano @ Feb 23 2010, 09:20 AM) View Post

Looking forward to the duet version of Dancing Queen!!!! smile.gif

I'd better write it sometime then... laugh.gif

#398 scotliz

scotliz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Member: 22328

Posted 23 February 2010 - 19:51

Thank you so much for the links to the photos.

Just thought I would share my recent experiences of photobucket - and this is no reflection at all on the folk who put the photos on the forum to share.

Twice now I have been on my work computer and been on photobucket. Two weeks ago I tried to download an image from photobucket and the computer was inundated with 37 viruses. IT sorted this out. When I looked at the images from Teddington the same thing happened again and now my laptop has to go to Head Office to be sorted out.

It is just a word of warning to be wary of certain sites. I will certainly not use photobucket again. What a pity. Many thanks though for taking the photos.

#399 Panthera

Panthera

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Member: 28188
  • London

Posted 23 February 2010 - 20:41

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 22 2010, 07:21 PM) View Post

Negative comments in individual's envelopes aren't on. sad.gif

agree.gif It was downright rude, methinks -- especially considering some of the comments... sad.gif mad.gif It wasn't compulsory to say something, so why not say nothing at all... (or if people *really* felt they were helping by offering criticism rolleyes.gif, then at least make it "constructive" and offer genuine advice!)

#400 Amber

Amber

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3732 posts
  • Member: 2447
  • Southern England

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:14

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 22 2010, 07:21 PM) View Post

QUOTE(gedall40 @ Feb 22 2010, 07:08 PM) View Post

I first met the feedback system when I went to Chester last year. My understanding of the system was that if you heard a performance that moved you in some way, then you were free to write a comment praising it. If you were not particularly inspired to write anything, then you wrote nothing. That would not mean it was a bad performance, but just that it did not reach into you as another might have done.

Yes, I blatantly nicked an idea that was originally Amber's for the 1st Surrey Adult Learner gig for Chester laugh.gif

But yes, you've got the concept right, gedall. Negative comments in individual's envelopes aren't on. sad.gif

I'm glad you nicked it Barry! The reason I suggested it originally was because I have a habit of only remembering the faults in my performances, and that they have a way of completely overwhelming any positive memories I may have held. I think perhaps we are all our own worst critics! So the feedback envelopes were a way to enable performers to hold on to the positives (to help combat the "internal critic" who seeks subconsciously to destroy our confidence), by literally providing "written proof" of what we did well. I'm sad to hear that this was misunderstood by someone, and that negative feedback found its way into envelopes. sad.gif

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Feb 22 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Amber @ Feb 22 2010, 04:03 PM) View Post

I'm so glad to hear all went well, and the pictures looked great.
smile.gif
Ambs x

It would have been much nicer if you could have been there too.
Hope you are on the mend again.

Thank you smile.gif I will get there. Not sure when exactly, but one day!

Ambs x

#401 Suepea

Suepea

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts
  • Member: 299
  • Ashford Middlesex

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:38

QUOTE(scotliz @ Feb 23 2010, 07:51 PM) View Post

Just thought I would share my recent experiences of photobucket - and this is no reflection at all on the folk who put the photos on the forum to share.

Twice now I have been on my work computer and been on photobucket. Two weeks ago I tried to download an image from photobucket and the computer was inundated with 37 viruses. IT sorted this out. When I looked at the images from Teddington the same thing happened again and now my laptop has to go to Head Office to be sorted out.

It is just a word of warning to be wary of certain sites. I will certainly not use photobucket again. What a pity. Many thanks though for taking the photos.

I'm sorry you have had this experience, Scotliz. I have been thinking of using another photo hosting site and will definitely ditch Photobucket after your experiences.

#402 smallscale

smallscale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Member: 14085
  • North London

Posted 24 February 2010 - 13:11

QUOTE(scotliz @ Feb 23 2010, 07:51 PM) View Post

I had the same problem when I went to look at the photos in the lunch hour and I also had to call in the IT people to fix it.

#403 Suepea

Suepea

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts
  • Member: 299
  • Ashford Middlesex

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:33

Apologies to you too, smallscale.

Click here to view the photos in picaso (a Google site). I will remove the link to Photobucket.

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

Hopefully this will be better - it doesn't have any nasty distracting adverts. Apologies to anyone who had problems with the Photobucket pictures. I used it last year and on previous years with no problems.

#404 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:42

QUOTE(Suepea @ Feb 24 2010, 08:33 PM) View Post

Apologies to you too, smallscale.

Click here to view the photos in picaso (a Google site). I will remove the link to Photobucket.

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

Hopefully this will be better - it doesn't have any nasty distracting adverts. Apologies to anyone who had problems with the Photobucket pictures. I used it last year and on previous years with no problems.

Thanks Suepea. smile.gif

Sadly, photobucket has got very buggy of late, and now they appear to be having hacker issues too, which is a pity. sad.gif