• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#1 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:14

Hello everyone smile.gif

All the info about the Leeds Concert is now available at THIS LINK, and at the bottom of the web page is a downloadable PDF of the application form. If anyone has any queries about any of the information, please feel free to email preferably, or PM me.

The closing date for applications is St George's Day, Wednesday 23 April.

If you don't yet know what you're going to play, it's fine if you want to send the form off to apply to perform, and let me know later what you'll be playing smile.gif

If there are any new members or new performers out there, you might like to know that you'll be in good company if you decide to come - there are several newbies who are planning to come and play, and the more the merrier! A couple of experienced event attendees will be acting as "buddies" to any newbies who attend, so as well as myself, you'll always have someone to go to if you've got any questions on the day.

It was a lovely day last year, and everything is in hand to make this year's event just as memorable. The day will be as all-inclusive as possible, with a fun song for us to sing and a kazoo orchestra that everyone can join in biggrin.gif Not to mention a recorder ensemble for all levels of recorder player, a swing band for clarinet/sax players, and of course the Grand Finale. And with solo slots and small ensembles for all woodwinds and strings, it looks like it's going to be a really great day again smile.gif

Many thanks are due to Petrat and Barry-clari for organising the large ensembles, I know they've both got a lot of other things on, so I'm really grateful to them for the input they're giving to the Leeds concert smile.gif

And many thanks also to St George who did the web page and application form for me - he might not have a high profile on the forum, but behind the scenes he's a superstar! biggrin.gif

Look forward to seeing everyone on 31st May! party1.gif

#2 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:18

Very posh website again! smile.gif

Printing out application form now. Something for me to do in my lunch break biggrin.gif

See you all on 31/5! smile.gif

#3 Guest: DaisyChain_*

Guest: DaisyChain_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:50

Well done to both of you again! smile.gif Have printed my form too! See you there party1.gif

#4 LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Member: 12518

Posted 03 April 2008 - 20:29

Just noticed the date - we need an excuse to 'escape' from an impending visit from unwelcome relatives! laugh.gif

#5 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 22:00

QUOTE(LooneyTunes @ Apr 3 2008, 09:29 PM) View Post

Just noticed the date - we need an excuse to 'escape' from an impending visit from unwelcome relatives! laugh.gif

and you can't let your duet/ensemble partners down tongue.gif

#6 LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 22:11

QUOTE(skylark @ Apr 3 2008, 11:00 PM) View Post

QUOTE(LooneyTunes @ Apr 3 2008, 09:29 PM) View Post

and you can't let your duet/ensemble partners down tongue.gif

Naturally! tongue.gif

#7 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:26

As with last year, if anyone wants to do a duet/trio, I'm happy to oblige - just let me know which instrument you want me to play (clarinet, flute, alto sax, S, A, T recorders). smile.gif

#8 LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 18:39

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Apr 4 2008, 10:26 AM) View Post

As with last year, if anyone wants to do a duet/trio, I'm happy to oblige - just let me know which instrument you want me to play (clarinet, flute, alto sax, S, A, T recorders). smile.gif

If I can make Leeds, I'm hoping to persuade one or two local folk to come along too! biggrin.gif You've just reminded me to go hunt out my clarinet - haven't touched it since X'mas! ph34r.gif

#9 willobie

willobie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts
  • Member: 4110
  • Nottinghamshire

Posted 05 April 2008 - 19:10

If anyone wants a dodgy viola player (or even dodgier violinist) for duo/trio...
Would be happy to play...

W smile.gif

#10 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 05 April 2008 - 20:44

QUOTE(LooneyTunes @ Apr 5 2008, 07:39 PM) View Post

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Apr 4 2008, 10:26 AM) View Post

If I can make Leeds, I'm hoping to persuade one or two local folk to come along too! biggrin.gif You've just reminded me to go hunt out my clarinet - haven't touched it since X'mas! ph34r.gif

smile.gif hope you can make it - bringing a clari sounds good!

#11 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:19

QUOTE(LooneyTunes @ Apr 5 2008, 07:39 PM) View Post

What about doing a Welsh ensemble if there's a few of you? I've some duet/trio/ensemble music you could have a look at if you want smile.gif

#12 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:21

Re the optional trip to the secondhand music place at Eccleston on the Friday, it's a unit situated in a large antiques centres and I've just remembered that there's an entrance charge, which when I went a few weeks ago was £2.50.

#13 Chris H

Chris H

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1958 posts
  • Member: 6441
  • Yorkshire

Posted 07 April 2008 - 16:24

Help! My computer can't open the application form - is there any chance you can put it into another format, such as a word document?

#14 Rosemary7391

Rosemary7391

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8063 posts
  • Member: 7195
  • Glasgow

Posted 07 April 2008 - 16:42

You need to download this program and you'll be able to open it - its free software, the reader is the one you need.

#15 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 16:43

QUOTE(Chris H @ Apr 7 2008, 05:24 PM) View Post

Help! My computer can't open the application form - is there any chance you can put it into another format, such as a word document?

I've emailed it to you to see if that makes a difference - let me know if you still can't open it smile.gif

PS Rosemary's replied as I was writing this!