Chris H

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1958 posts
  • Member: 6441
  • Yorkshire

Posted 10 April 2008 - 14:04

It worked! I've printed it off. Now I don't know how to fill it in (well I do, but not sure what to put in some cases... I know what I'm doing - help! - but not my son)

Barry, do you have some music to do a sax ensemble with NMM's daughters 1 and 2 and my son? - he can bring soprano, alto and tenor saxes.

#32 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 10 April 2008 - 18:26

QUOTE(Chris H @ Apr 10 2008, 03:04 PM) View Post

Barry, do you have some music to do a sax ensemble with NMM's daughters 1 and 2 and my son? - he can bring soprano, alto and tenor saxes.

Yes. smile.gif It's time there was a sax quartet in a forum concert. biggrin.gif I'll have a look for a straightforward to put together piece, and will let you know what I've picked.

Skylark : can you add this to the running order please? biggrin.gif

#33 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 10 April 2008 - 18:43

It worked! I've printed it off. Now I don't know how to fill it in (well I do, but not sure what to put in some cases... I know what I'm doing - help! - but not my son)

You don't need to put down the title/composer just yet if you haven't decided. It would be helpful to know what everybody's playing by the closing date, but it won't be a major problem if I know soon afterwards when I start putting the programme together smile.gif The main thing is to get the form off because if anyone wants me to put them in touch with a partner(s) for an ensemble, it's the people who have confirmed they're definitely coming by sending the form off who will get the opportunity for more play.

If there are other sections that you don't know what to fill in, feel free to email if you think I can help smile.gif

I called at the college tonight and picked up the envelopes so far and I'll send everybody an acknowledgement tonight. I'll then be offline until early next week, so any other applications which come in over the next few days will be acknowledged later next week.

Because I'm offline for the next few days, if anybody's got any questions you might like to ask me tonight biggrin.gif

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Apr 10 2008, 07:26 PM) View Post

Yes. smile.gif It's time there was a sax quartet in a forum concert. biggrin.gif I'll have a look for a straightforward to put together piece, and will let you know what I've picked.

Skylark : can you add this to the running order please? biggrin.gif

If ChrisH and notmusimum put it on their application forms for a small ensemble, I'll do my best to fit everyone in for what they apply for! smile.gif

PS. I owe PMs to a few people - I'll try and clear some space in my PM box and reply tonight smile.gif

#34 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 10 April 2008 - 18:56

Thanks skylark. I may well pick out a few bits 'n' pieces of music while you're away (sax quartets, a solo and suchlike), and email you details, to read on your return.

The swing ensemble will be performing an arrangement of Gershwin's 'Fascinating Rhythm' (arranger will be one barry-clari...). Parts should be ready in early May, if you want a part in advance can you either email me or, if you've never emailed me before, send me a PM with an email address on, and I'll send you a part. smile.gif

A reminder that the finale will be an arrangement of the final movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony. There will be parts suitable for all. biggrin.gif

#35 notmusimum

notmusimum

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9219 posts
  • Member: 5959

Posted 10 April 2008 - 21:05

Skylark I'll sort our forms out this weekend.

#36 Babybird2

Babybird2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
  • Member: 25449
  • Yorkshire

Posted 10 April 2008 - 21:15

I'll sort my form out this weekend too.
Think I'm doing a duet with skylark, and one with notmusimum's daughter (I've just got some duet books so will have a look at what I fancy....)

I'm not doing a solo biggrin.gif

#37 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 21:37

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Apr 10 2008, 07:56 PM) View Post

The swing ensemble will be performing an arrangement of Gershwin's 'Fascinating Rhythm' (arranger will be one barry-clari...).

Oooo, Gershwin, thank you wub.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(notmusimum @ Apr 10 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

Skylark I'll sort our forms out this weekend.

Look forward to seeing you both/all, whoever's coming! yay.gif

QUOTE(Babybird2 @ Apr 10 2008, 10:15 PM) View Post

Think I'm doing a duet with skylark...

Yes we're doing the Birdie song, aren't we laugh.gif

Maybe not ph34r.gif We can liaise next week biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Babybird2 @ Apr 10 2008, 10:15 PM) View Post

I'm not doing a solo biggrin.gif

So many people have said that, and guess what .... rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

#38 Chris H

Chris H

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1958 posts
  • Member: 6441
  • Yorkshire

Posted 11 April 2008 - 13:15

Thanks, Barry, I'll put the sax ensemble down on the form.

My son won't be doing a solo, but I will. ill.gif I just hope you are all very kind!

I have a problem sending the forms, as I need to get a replacement cheque book from the bank - I hope it arrives soon!

#39 phantasmagoriana

phantasmagoriana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Member: 9331
  • York, UK

Posted 11 April 2008 - 18:49

Have just downloaded the form and am trying to decide whether I should do a solo...strongly veering towards "no" at the moment! ph34r.gif

I think I will bring my flute and clarinet this year, no strings (might bring a recorder too, but I seriously need to work on my fingerings - I tried playing my treble a couple of weeks ago and realised I was using flute fingerings... wacko.gif ).

#40 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 11 April 2008 - 18:58

QUOTE(phantasmagoriana @ Apr 11 2008, 07:49 PM) View Post

Have just downloaded the form and am trying to decide whether I should do a solo...strongly veering towards "no" at the moment! ph34r.gif

I think I will bring my flute and clarinet this year, no strings (might bring a recorder too, but I seriously need to work on my fingerings - I tried playing my treble a couple of weeks ago and realised I was using flute fingerings... wacko.gif ).

You've started playing the flute I notice. Instrument collecting is addictive, isn't it? biggrin.gif

Do you think you'll be fluting or clarinetting in the finale?

#41 willobie

willobie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts
  • Member: 4110
  • Nottinghamshire

Posted 11 April 2008 - 19:31

No strings? sad.gif

W

#42 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:56

Apart from the tenor sax part (which I should finish in the week), the clarinet/sax swing ensemble parts are now ready.

Let me know please if you would like your part in advance! biggrin.gif

#43 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 14 April 2008 - 13:29

Have decided to do a saxophone solo, but not sure what yet (got a small shortlist).

Still happy to duet with anyone who wants to duet (on clarinet, flute or alto sax). Just let me know. smile.gif

#44 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:02

Just thought I'd remind everybody that the closing date for receipt of application forms is a week today, 23rd April, St George's Day party1.gif

#45 Guest: skylark_*

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:45

If you don't put it on the form, then you don't have a choice, whereas if you put it on the form, you can always drop out if you don't think you're ready by the date of the concert smile.gif

If anyone is in two minds about whether to do a solo, I would say it's best to prepare one and apply for one, because even though it seems a bit very scary in the run-up to the concert, on the day when you get caught up in the atmosphere, it would be shame not to have the opportunity to do it when you see everyone else doing one and you wish you were up there doing one too smile.gif And if you decide at the last minute that you really can't do it, it's not a problem, there's always another time smile.gif