jo.clarinet

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • Member: 303
  • London

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:15

Update - there are now 18 solo slots booked, and 8 small-group items. Although I didn't want more than 6 of the latter, I've decided to allow them all, as otherwise one or two people would lose out because their partner is doing two small-group pieces involving different people.

According to my calculations, what with the solos, smaller and larger groups we already have, the concert-time is now well and truly filled up. smile.gif

Anyone else who wants to play a solo but hasn't yet booked will go on the Reserve list, and if someone is absent or withdraws for some reason (as has happened before at these Forums Concerts) the Reserve player will then be able to perform. In the meantime, they are very welcome to join in the recorder ensemble, choir and Grand Finale ensemble.

DaisyChain - your form hasn't yet arrived here, but I've saved you a solo slot. smile.gif

#32 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:16

QUOTE(jo.clarinet @ May 28 2007, 07:15 AM) View Post

Update - there are now 18 solo slots booked, and 8 small-group items. Although I didn't want more than 6 of the latter, I've decided to allow them all, as otherwise one or two people would lose out because their partner is doing two small-group pieces involving different people.

According to my calculations, what with the solos, smaller and larger groups we already have, the concert-time is now well and truly filled up. smile.gif

Anyone else who wants to play a solo but hasn't yet booked will go on the Reserve list, and if someone is absent or withdraws for some reason (as has happened before at these Forums Concerts) the Reserve player will then be able to perform. In the meantime, they are very welcome to join in the recorder ensemble, choir and Grand Finale ensemble.

DaisyChain - your form hasn't yet arrived here, but I've saved you a solo slot. smile.gif

Wooo, that filled up quickly!

Good that your concert is proving once again to be really popular. smile.gif

#33 The Light Beat

The Light Beat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Member: 7016

Posted 28 May 2007 - 15:37

drummer.gif "Have drums will travel" (to Woodford that is!!)
If any of the ensembles need a drummer or any soloist wants rhythm accompaniment let me know as I will be there and would like to play rather than just listen!!

musicMakers.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#34 StuMac

StuMac

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • Member: 913
  • Dundee, Scotland

Posted 29 May 2007 - 13:04

I'm affraid I have a weding to go to on that day. I shall miss coming down.

Have fun and I shall enjoy hearing reports.

#35 TSax

TSax

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Member: 5567

Posted 31 May 2007 - 13:17

QUOTE(The Light Beat @ May 28 2007, 04:37 PM) View Post

drummer.gif "Have drums will travel" (to Woodford that is!!)
If any of the ensembles need a drummer or any soloist wants rhythm accompaniment let me know as I will be there and would like to play rather than just listen!!

musicMakers.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, oh, oh - I'm not playing, but if I were I would love rhythm accompaniment!

It's possible I'll make it up to Woodford to be in the audience, will depend on term dates etc for my music lessons in September.

#36 country girl

country girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Member: 11019
  • West Sussex

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:28

Any in Sussex?

#37 Car Expert

Car Expert

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31653 posts
  • Member: 3680
  • UK - rural North Norfolk\East Anglia. Lincoln 104 miles. Ipswich 66 miles. Oxford 193 miles. Lewes 199 miles.

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:29

QUOTE(country girl @ Jun 8 2007, 12:28 PM) View Post
Any in Sussex?
Woodford's only about an hour and a half away from Sussex (by car) smile.gif

Car Expert

#38 Guest: DaisyChain_*

Guest: DaisyChain_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:51

Hi Jo,

I hope you got my PM...form in the post now..the other one must have got lost.

Can you confirm receipt of this new one please, as I have put a stop to the cheque I sent before I went away to Leeds.

Thank you...

#39 jo.clarinet

jo.clarinet

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • Member: 303
  • London

Posted 08 June 2007 - 13:35

QUOTE(DaisyChain @ Jun 8 2007, 01:51 PM) View Post

Hi Jo,

Can you confirm receipt of this new one please, as I have put a stop to the cheque I sent before I went away to Leeds.

Thank you...

Yes, I did get your PM - thanks - and have held a solo slot for you. I'm going away for a weekend's recorder playing in about half-an-hour, so I'm about to close down the computer. I haven't had the replacement form and cheque yet, and if it comes tomorrow I won't see it till I'm back on Sunday evening, but I'll let you know as soon as I know myself! smile.gif

#40 Guest: DaisyChain_*

Guest: DaisyChain_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 13:46

QUOTE(jo.clarinet @ Jun 8 2007, 01:35 PM) View Post

QUOTE(DaisyChain @ Jun 8 2007, 01:51 PM) View Post

Hi Jo,

Thank you...

Yes, I did get your PM - thanks - and have held a solo slot for you. I'm going away for a weekend's recorder playing in about half-an-hour, so I'm about to close down the computer. I haven't had the replacement form and cheque yet, and if it comes tomorrow I won't see it till I'm back on Sunday evening, but I'll let you know as soon as I know myself! smile.gif

Thank you..enjoy your weekend!

#41 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 08 June 2007 - 15:59

Any in Sussex?

There could be if you organise it. tongue.gif
However....
This year there will have been 4 forum user concerts and 2 Adult Learners concerts scattered around the country. One of the potential problems if everyone had one on their doorstep is that there wouldn't be enough people to make so many concerts viable.

#42 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:09

Any in Sussex?

I've copied the posts below from another thread to save typing it out again. As sbhoa intimated above, the opportunity is there for any forum member to organise an event in their own area. However, it would be useful to attend either an existing forum users concert or an adult learners concert first in order to to get a "feel" for it, and in practice, members who are planning to organise a concert try to ensure that events don't clash.

Woodford Green or Teddington may seem a long way from Sussex, but many forum members travel all over the country to forum events. For instance, for the recent concert in Leeds, Yorkshire, members travelled from Hampshire, Kent, Northants, Surrey, Anglesey, West Midlands and from half way up Scotland, as well as from all across the north of England; and I'm sure other concert organisers could recount similar distances. I've travelled to as far as Egham in Surrey from Leeds, Yorkshire, and I am going to Woodford Green, and hopefully Teddington depending on the date. So Sussex to Woodford Green or Teddington seems just round the corner biggrin.gif And if you look in the 2008 thread as I suggested, you'll see that one is being planned for Farnborough in Kent which is probably even closer...

Hope to meet you at one of the events soon smile.gif

QUOTE(skylark @ Jun 4 2007, 09:07 AM) View Post
QUOTE(sbhoa @ Jun 3 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post

QUOTE(country girl @ Jun 3 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post

What are the forum concerts?

Skylark put together this information about the concerts that some forum members have been organising.

As sbhoa said, the link she gave describes all the different types of forum event, and if you go to the Forum Event Calendar, you will see what events are coming up which are close to you (possibly Woodford Green on 22 Sept and the Teddington Soiree in October?) Also have a look at the 2008 thread - there's a couple of events coming up in the South and West London areas. Feel free to PM me if you'd like further info smile.gif

#43 jod

jod

Maestro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9899 posts
  • Member: 2939
  • Burwell, Cambridgeshire

Posted 04 July 2007 - 13:47

Oh no, I'm too late for a solo slot at Woodford again, and its the only venue I can easily get to. I don't count as an Adult learner, and couldn't do Leeds so it looks like I've missed out again.

At least there's Spain as a consolation...

Jo

#44 nicki_flute

nicki_flute

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30025 posts
  • Member: 1532

Posted 05 July 2007 - 14:14

When do I have to send photocopies of music by, and who to?

#45 Deborah

Deborah

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5861 posts
  • Member: 2747
  • Monsalvat, Valhalla

Posted 05 July 2007 - 19:53

QUOTE(nicki_flute @ Jul 5 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post

When do I have to send photocopies of music by, and who to?

Yes, when's my deadline for deciding what to play?

Mention of jam sessions in other forum concert threads has reminded me of something I meant to post weeks ago - would any of the forum clarinettists be interested in a scratch clarinet ensemble during the morning? With the recorder ensemble, choir practice and grand finale, any such group would probably have to meet between 10.00 and 11.30, and even then, people would be coming and going for rehearsals with the official accompanist, but how do people feel about it? (and Barry, were such an ensemble to happen, please could you bring something suitable from your vast library?)