#76 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:55

Does anyone know what the current turnaround is from exam day to online results please? Or is it still quite variable?

I've been getting result sheets back in about a week.  (That's from the ABRSM representative in the Republic of Texas.)

#77 hennylemon

hennylemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Member: 898652

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:14

Does anyone know what the current turnaround is from exam day to online results please? Or is it still quite variable?

I've been getting result sheets back in about a week.  (That's from the ABRSM representative in the Republic of Texas.)

That's very fast! Here in the UK it tends to be closer to 3 weeks (for me anyway). Results are available online within 10 or so days. A week sounds more appropriate!

#78 YellowLemon77

YellowLemon77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Member: 897222
  • South Wales

Posted 15 April 2019 - 16:32

Yes my teacher *thinks* we may get the results online before the weekend. I do hope so.

On a good note - pardon the pun - I started learning two new pieces at my lesson today... 'Rewrite the Stars' (Easy Piano: Grade 3-ish) from The Greatest Showman and The Shadows, which will hopefully be my 1st Grade 3 exam piece hopefully... its sooooo pretty :)

#79 YellowLemon77

YellowLemon77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • South Wales

Posted 01 May 2019 - 18:56

Got my Grade 2 Piano exam results...

120 / 150... So just scraped a Merit. This was totally what I expected and completely reflective of what I did in the exam. I am very pleased. It should have been better if I had not let my nerves get the better of me but I am very happy with that result. Looking forward to Grade 3 and a bit of consolidation work now :)

#80 helen_flute

helen_flute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Member: 898089

Posted 01 May 2019 - 20:00

That’s great, congratulations!

#81 Ligneo Fistula

Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1393 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2019 - 20:04

Got my Grade 2 Piano exam results...

120 / 150... So just scraped a Merit. This was totally what I expected and completely reflective of what I did in the exam. I am very pleased. It should have been better if I had not let my nerves get the better of me but I am very happy with that result. Looking forward to Grade 3 and a bit of consolidation work now smile.png

Well done!  You predicted as much so spot on.  Did the examiner pick up on your musicality as you had hoped? I am so happy for you.

#82 YellowLemon77

YellowLemon77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • South Wales

Posted 01 May 2019 - 20:39

Thanks both... not got comments yet... they come with certificate in a few weeks. My results were:
Pieces
A1: 24
B1: 23
C3: 22

Scales: 17
Sightreading: 16 (Much happier this year!)
Aural: 18

So not bad... as I predicted after my exam. I know I could have done better and its not a true reflection of my playing. Its a refelection of my exam performance playing. Overall, I am pleased :)

#83 BMEpiano

BMEpiano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Member: 889203
  • Romford, Essex

Posted 01 May 2019 - 20:54

Congratulations YellowLemon, a great result. Full marks for aural - that’s brilliant. Well done.

#84 hennylemon

hennylemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Member: 898652

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:09

Thanks both... not got comments yet... they come with certificate in a few weeks. My results were:
Pieces

So not bad... as I predicted after my exam. I know I could have done better and its not a true reflection of my playing. Its a refelection of my exam performance playing. Overall, I am pleased smile.png

Well done! You have done really well anyway but especially while struggling with an illness, that's very commendable. I'm at awe with your supporting tests! 

#85 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 13:50

Congratulations!  I'm in awe of that aural score!

#86 helen_flute

helen_flute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 14:07

Wow! Full marks in aural is very impressive. You should be especially pleased with that.

#87 gav_1988

gav_1988

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Member: 416492

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:18

Pieces

So not bad... as I predicted after my exam. I know I could have done better and its not a true reflection of my playing. Its a refelection of my exam performance playing. Overall, I am pleased smile.png

Congratulations! Looks like things are moving in the right direction with your sight reading! 

#88 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2019 - 20:19

My G7 flute is scheduled for May 9th. Preparation has been a roller-coaster as my teacher suddenly gave up for her other career, so 10 weeks without lessons. Have struck lucky and found a truly top-class teacher and performer who I've been with for a month now. He's doing real root and branch stuff on my technique, which is a bit alarming at this stage. I feel like a renovation project!
The most worrying are still the scales which I have found appallingly difficult on flute. Three weeks to go and I'm still having big problems remembering, and playing automatically at first attempt is still a dream. I still need to apply every practice technique under the sun with each one before being able to play it through at least steadily. I'm enjoying the pieces even though I've been persuaded to change my unaccompanied piece to another one at this rather late stage .... All rather alarming! I will be happy if I pass although I would be disappointed to do poorly on my pieces.
Is it OK to play the pieces in any order? I'd like to do them in List B, A then C order.
Moskowski Spanish Dance no. 2
Telemann Sonata in G
Bizet Toreador's Song
Well done to all the success stories so far!

Well, today was the day! My saga of preparation woes took a new twist a fortnight ago. I had a long lesson and then travelled to the super accompanist to rehearse. The following day I did a long practise session - a guest staying with us commented on a marathon! But the next day my neck was horribly painful, I had obviously overdone things and I was unable to play at all until a couple of days ago. Aarrrgh! By which time the pieces were all over the place and well the scales ..... I nearly chickened out of the exam but would have hated myself.

Anyway, things went as well as they could have, considering. Yes, the scales were a shambles, I think I managed maybe three or four properly out of them all, definitely below pass. The pieces went surprisingly well, I played them first and did my best to remember why I love playing. I think the sightreading was passable and the aurals felt easier than I had expected from practising with the specimen CD.

Whatever, I am looking forward to working on the various weaknesses that the last few months have shown up with my great new teacher. Phew!

#89 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 14:53

dorfmouse, congratulations on getting through it.  An injury just before an exam is a nightmare situation!  But it sounds like you made a good showing overall.  Regarding the scales, remember that we're our own worse critics.  Let us know when you get your results!

#90 helen_flute

helen_flute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 17:23

Well done! You got through it, in spite of the challenges. And definitely remember we're our own harshest critics.

Overall, I get the impression you've done well, so now concentrate on relaxing a bit, and recovering properly from that injury. Well done, again!