#1 HarpyMum

HarpyMum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Member: 222758

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:32

Hi  :)

I have not popped in this forum for ages!, after months of contemplating which harp trolley to purchase for my Daughters concert pedal harp I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Salvi 6 wheeled stairclimber, heavy but good and solid and hopefully will last for many years to come! (better do it cost enough!!) 

As my Daughter does the carting it was her choice and she just prefers stairclimbers, however last night I saw in the flesh the "brand new" long awaited trolley from "Affairs of the Harp" and was more than impressed, Much lighter !  although not a stairclimber it was compact, simple, lightweight and practicle, it had a nice large platform and angled handle which I liked, this I would of definitely purchased if looking for a two wheeler!

I was wondering what harp trolley do all you guys use may I ask, any preferences ? xx :harp:

#2 soccermom

soccermom

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • Member: 9005
  • South West Surrey

Posted 18 July 2014 - 15:16

I'm not familiar with either of the ones you mention, but we had a 6 wheeler which was OK for the 41 String Pilgrim Progress we had at the time, though my daughter found it quite difficult to manouevre and would often carry the harp up and down stairs rather than use the trolley.  However, when we bought a full size harp, it was very difficult to move around on the original trolley.  We therefore decided to go for a Harpo which is very expensive but far far lighter and easier to use and we much prefer it. 

#3 GMc

GMc

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Member: 322722

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:07

I use a Camac trolley if not many stairs but they only fit a Camac as they have a little peg the harp fits onto and a Harpo if there are....

#4 Masanta

Masanta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Member: 33729

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:53

Hi, I am looking to buy a trolley as we just purchased my daughters first pedal harp. It is a beautiful Salvi Semi Grand. We bought 2nd hand so didn't look at trolleys when we purchased it. Has anyone seen anything recently that they liked?

I have not worked out if we even need a 2 wheel or 6! All advice welcomed :)

Thanks

#5 Pickle

Pickle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Member: 578811

Posted 14 January 2015 - 22:46

I have a 6 wheeler. It does the job, but if I was going to buy another, I would probably go for a 2 wheeler. The "Stair Climbing" abilities are only marginally better than a 2 wheeler in my opinion, and the smaller wheels get bogged down if you have to tackle gravel.

Pneumatic tyres give a much smoother ride for the harp than solid ones, but obviously, are subject to punctures.

When I win the lottery, apart from all the harps I will buy, and the articulated lorry to transport them in, I will probably get a 2 wheeler with pneumatic tyres. And a puncture repair kit. ;)

Actually, I will probably just employ someone to do all the transporting for me. Maybe I'll have to win it twice. :P

#6 Angel14

Angel14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Member: 893020

Posted 05 March 2015 - 00:26

I have a large two wheeled trolley for my Aoyama Vega - it's been fine.

I discussed the stair climbers and other trolleys with my music teacher and I was advised not to go for the stair-climber but to take a trolley with big wheels. I'm very happy with the trolley, even so my harp doesn't really travel. If I decided to play away from home my guess is I would be looking for a day hire harp delivered and collected!

Anyone who wants to hear me play my harp needs to visit for tea. :-)

#7 Harpist100

Harpist100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Member: 894906

Posted 29 January 2016 - 20:11

I'm a harp teacher/harpist. My favourite trolley is the old style made by Robert Webster, his wife Anna Christianson is a pro harpist and he's designed trolley under her guidance. I've swapped the wheels over for pneumatic tyres and used it for 30 years without issue. It's made of aluminium and stays on the harp in the car. His newer models have a wooden shaped curved piece at top (this piece used to be shaped aluminium)but still good just not as good as original. Yes the harpo trolleys are very light , but they're twice the price and I found you don't have so much control as Robert's trolleys. think website is harpgear.net

#8 FireflyHarp

FireflyHarp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Member: 888598

Posted 10 June 2016 - 17:49

I haven't a trolley yet; I'm interested that the affairs of the harp one seemed good, as I saw a listing for it. It was a lot cheaper than the harpo ones at any rate! Nobody seems to sell second hand trolleys except with a harp though!!