• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#16 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:30

jumpin.gif

The application form is now downloadable from the Concert Info page on the Players for Pleasure web site. The sooner you can get the forms back to me, the sooner I can allocate accompanists, fix up duets/trios for anybody who hasn't already arranged something, and the ensemble directors can start allocating parts. The large ensembles are Clarinet (lois), Flute (Nicia-Clarinet-Flute), Strings (Celeste), Choir and Orchestral (both MusicGuru). Many thanks to the ensemble directors for volunteering!

My teacher PianoGuru is willing to accompany advanced pieces. If anybody wants him to accompany a G7/8 piece, please let me have it as soon as possible, preferably in the post but by email otherwise. One or two other people may be willing to accompany G7 pieces and I'll leave it to them to post here if they wish.

If you're sending pieces by email to your accompanist, please try to send files that are under 1MB.

Please try and get your form sent back within the coming week if possible!

jumpin.gif

#17 Pixie*Porsche

Pixie*Porsche

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • Member: 6685

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:32

Skylark - have we got to know what piece we intend to play solo for the concert, already? Not sure what I want to do and weather it'll be accompanied. What is the time limit? No Mozart Clarinet Concerto?? wink.gif

FSharpMinor - Sounds great. Would definetely like to do the piece.

FLAUTISTS!! - Is it OK if you PM me your intent to join the flute group and your level on flute?

Clarinet group, Lois, am I on the list to be "in"? smile.gif

#18 Guest: The Old Lady_*

Guest: The Old Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:09

Have a lovely time at the concert sad.gif , I will be there in July. tongue.gif
Bev

#19 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:25

QUOTE(The Old Lady @ Nov 14 2010, 12:09 PM) View Post

I will be there in July. tongue.gif
Bev

Good-o biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Nicia-Clarinet-Flute @ Nov 14 2010, 11:32 AM) View Post

Skylark - have we got to know what piece we intend to play solo for the concert, already? Not sure what I want to do and weather it'll be accompanied. What is the time limit? No Mozart Clarinet Concerto?? wink.gif

You'll see it on the application form when you download it, but it's 6 mins max (which includes any introduction you wish to make) and no, you don't have to let me know just yet what piece you're playing smile.gif

MESSAGE FROM NOVA:

Nova has deregistered from the forum but she's coming to the concert and she'd like to take part in the Strings and Flute ensemble. She can't PM with having deregistered, but I can pass on her email address to anyone who needs to discuss concert stuff.

#20 Flossie

Flossie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7103 posts
  • Member: 52007
  • N.E. England

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:10

QUOTE(lois @ Nov 14 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Flossie @ Nov 13 2010, 09:08 PM) View Post

Would anyone be willing to do any easy violin duet with me? I have a piece in mind (which I did with my teacher a few weeks ago) but am open to other suggestions as well. smile.gif

I'll have a bash Flossie. It would need to be very easy (around Gr 2) biggrin.gif

I think the piece I had in mind is above that. unsure.gif It's in the Baroque Violinist (ed Sheila Nelson, pub Boosey and Hawkes). Do you have a copy of the book to look at? smile.gif The only other duet I have is definitely around grade 4 because it's on the syllabus.

#21 gedall40

gedall40

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts
  • Member: 35143
  • Kenilworth

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:32

I love the Leeds concerts, but this time the 8th January falls at a time when I am not yet clear whether or not I will be able to make it. As a result, I had better not commit to any pieces, groups or accompaniments just in case I don't come, but you can be sure that when things become clearer I will come if I can biggrin.gif .

And if not, I wish everyone a great day and hope to see you all again in July party1.gif .

#22 Guest: Celeste_*

Guest: Celeste_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:04

QUOTE(skylark @ Nov 14 2010, 02:25 PM) View Post
MESSAGE FROM NOVA:

Nova has deregistered from the forum but she's coming to the concert and she'd like to take part in the Strings and Flute ensemble. She can't PM with having deregistered, but I can pass on her email address to anyone who needs to discuss concert stuff.
Oh. sad.gif Well, could you ask her if she'd like to be in the string ensemble (fingers crossed that she does want to!). Thank you! smile.gif Actually, I think she's got my email address - if she doesn't, would you mind giving it to her for me?

Gerald I really really really really really really hope you can come. It wouldn't be the same without you!!

#23 gedall40

gedall40

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts
  • Member: 35143
  • Kenilworth

Posted 14 November 2010 - 17:27

QUOTE(Celeste @ Nov 14 2010, 05:04 PM) View Post
Gerald I really really really really really really hope you can come. It wouldn't be the same without you!!
You are very kind, Celeste, I promise I will do my best smile.gif .

And "Oh sad.gif " from me too about Nova.

#24 Flossie

Flossie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7103 posts
  • Member: 52007
  • N.E. England

Posted 14 November 2010 - 18:26

QUOTE(skylark @ Nov 14 2010, 02:25 PM) View Post

MESSAGE FROM NOVA:

sad.gif sad.gif That's a shame. She was always really helpful on the strings forum. sad.gif sad.gif I hope she hasn't been chased off by anyone, that's already happened too much. mad.gif

#25 oldnotes

oldnotes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Member: 28524
  • North Yorkshire, by the sea.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 20:46

Nova, you already have my email address. I'm almost certainly going by train this year. Probably the 07.45 from Scarborough, and something around 8.00ish return in the evening, to allow for a meal. M is giving this one a miss. Will probably book the train tomorrow.

#26 Tequila

Tequila

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts
  • Member: 34208

Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:17

Just to say I hope you all have fun .... I feel I'm missing out already reading this sad.gif Would have loved to be involved and had a sax quartet at the ready that I bought last year "just in case" but Jan 8th doesn't work for me this year I'm afraid ..... Maybe I'll make July unsure.gif or if not next year hopefully smile.gif

#27 Guest: DaisyChain_*

Guest: DaisyChain_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:01

I've downloaded the application form, but I'm having difficulties in printing it. I'll sort it out over the next couple of days.

#28 jojo

jojo

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts
  • Member: 8716

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:37

QUOTE(Flossie @ Nov 14 2010, 03:10 PM) View Post

QUOTE(lois @ Nov 14 2010, 01:29 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Flossie @ Nov 13 2010, 09:08 PM) View Post

Would anyone be willing to do any easy violin duet with me? I have a piece in mind (which I did with my teacher a few weeks ago) but am open to other suggestions as well. smile.gif

I'll have a bash Flossie. It would need to be very easy (around Gr 2) biggrin.gif

I think the piece I had in mind is above that. unsure.gif It's in the Baroque Violinist (ed Sheila Nelson, pub Boosey and Hawkes). Do you have a copy of the book to look at? smile.gif The only other duet I have is definitely around grade 4 because it's on the syllabus.

Flossie I have sent you a pm but it keeps bouncing telling me your inbox is full sad.gif
(you're too popular wink.gif laugh.gif)

#29 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17664 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:59

QUOTE(Nicia-Clarinet-Flute @ Nov 14 2010, 11:32 AM) View Post

FSharpMinor - Sounds great. Would definetely like to do the piece.

FLAUTISTS!! - Is it OK if you PM me your intent to join the flute group and your level on flute?

Clarinet group, Lois, am I on the list to be "in"? smile.gif

Referring to the Kegelstatt trio again, sbhoa has advised me there is also a version for two clarinets and piano, that would give us more choice if we can get a copy and another clarinettist would like to play it with Nicia and I.

#30 lois

lois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Member: 44946
  • Walsall - West Mids

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:08

QUOTE(Flossie @ Nov 14 2010, 03:10 PM) View Post

You'd better find another willing partner then. I am not reknown for my violin skills biggrin.gif