Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Member: 65753
  • Scotland

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:39

QUOTE(tetrachord @ Apr 11 2011, 12:20 PM) View Post

I'd also like to add my congratulations to muzikalbadger and everyone else who organised the event smile.gif A great day for everyone.

Thanks tetrachord! Glad you enjoyed it!
Also forgot tell say thanks to celeste also for conducting the ensembles so well! And I'll post this here so he won't read it... But huge thanks to David for his support, out amazing website, doing the pa and taking photos... and all the other little jobs... you totally rock! He wouldn't let me say this or post it on fb but I needed to acknowledge his hard work somehow...

#362 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 11 April 2011 - 15:38

Well, I'm on my way back!
Thank you to everyone involved. Muzikalbadger, you did an amazing job : all the organising really paid off! The venue was very nice : cosy and relaxed biggrin.gif an excellent find!

Special thanks must also go to dizzyfingers and Celeste for their parts in the proceedings, and to Janice for the scratch choir! sing.gif

Roll on April 2012! biggrin.gif

#363 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 11 April 2011 - 20:47

QUOTE(muzikalbadger @ Apr 10 2011, 10:28 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Kmi @ Apr 10 2011, 07:24 PM) View Post

Thank you Muzikalbadger for all your organising - it was a great day!

Ooooohh Kmi was first back biggrin.gif
Today was fab!!! Firstly - thankyou so much to barry-clari and katyjay for so much help in organising this!!
Both of you played/sang fabulously!! Was honoured to be able to accompany you both.
Celeste - your violin playing was awesome, and your singing both beautiful and moving..... And your boyfriend mwl1 is pretty darned talented on piano too!!!
Louise1712 - was really impressed with your fluting and clarinetting - you were fantastic!! (and you put up with Barry accompanying you on cello - a gold star deserved just for that!!)
andante_in_c - your flute playing was just out of this world biggrin.gif
Kmi - it was lovely duetting with you, and your piano piece was such a jolly little piece! You were so much better than I think you think you were!! (don't know if that makes sense, but I know what I mean!!)
Tetrachord... Your violin playing was stunning, I loved your piece... and you really helped hold things together in the ensembles smile.gif
Loubrad - It was lovely hearing you play, your accompaniment for Tetrachord was fab!!!
Misterioso... Your flute piece was fab, and it was great having you take part in our ensembles! All the best for your surgery on wed sad.gif

To all of my pupils (and dizzyfingers and janices...) who attended - WELL DONE!!!!!

And finally huge thanks and well done to dizzyfingers for helping organise everything and accompanying!!

Hope I haven't missed anyone out... If I have please shout at me because you deserve to be mentioned, i'm just very tired!!!

To those of you who made the meal, hope you enjoyed it!! It was great getting to know you all a little more!!

Hopefully there will be some photos up soon!!!

I forgot p*s*l!!!! blink.gif ohmy.gif She was fabulous!!! An amazing pianist, who WILL be accompanying next time tongue.gif

#364 louise1712

louise1712

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Member: 68484
  • London

Posted 11 April 2011 - 20:56

QUOTE(Celeste @ Apr 9 2011, 11:26 PM) View Post

We had dinner with Misterioso and her OH, Barry and Louise tonight. It was good! biggrin.gif

Really enjoyed it too Celeste smile.gif

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Apr 11 2011, 04:38 PM) View Post

Well, I'm on my way back!
Thank you to everyone involved. Muzikalbadger, you did an amazing job : all the organising really paid off! The venue was very nice : cosy and relaxed biggrin.gif an excellent find!

Special thanks must also go to dizzyfingers and Celeste for their parts in the proceedings, and to Janice for the scratch choir! sing.gif

Roll on April 2012! biggrin.gif

I was too at that point, in fact sitting next to you Barry tongue.gif Got home about an hour ago, tired but it was a fab weekend biggrin.gif

Thanks muzikalbadger, the event was fantastic, great venue, lovely people and wonderful performances from all concerned. As Barry says, roll on April 2012 biggrin.gif

Also must add my thanks to Barry for playing cello accomp for me biggrin.gif and playing a nice, simple, straightforward flute duet with me biggrin.gif Thanks Barry biggrin.gif

#365 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 11 April 2011 - 21:35

Agree with all you say about p*s*l, muzikalbadger. Including the accompaniment bit biggrin.gif

#366 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2011 - 22:24

Photos are now up on my facebook page Forum Event Photos

Hopefully you can all see them :-)

If not let me know, and i'll upload them onto flicker/photobucket and post some here biggrin.gif

#367 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:43

QUOTE(muzikalbadger @ Apr 12 2011, 11:24 PM) View Post

Photos are now up on my facebook page Forum Event Photos

Hopefully you can all see them :-)

If not let me know, and i'll upload them onto flicker/photobucket and post some here biggrin.gif

Great pictures, muzikalbadger biggrin.gif

#368 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5985 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 16 April 2011 - 13:24

Home at last, after an extended stay in Glasgow at the Infirmary's pleasure! sad.gif

What a fantastic weekend! It was lovely meeting everyone, and there was some stunning playing too. Invariably, I derailed in my piece but managed to get back on track! wacko.gif

Must add my thanks to muzicalbadger and everyone else involved in the organisation - and of course to dizzyfingers for accompanying me, and keeping going even when I didn't!

A great day to look back upon smile.gif as I recuperate in my wheelchair....... sad.gif

Brilliant photos too!

#369 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 16 April 2011 - 13:26

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Apr 16 2011, 02:24 PM) View Post

Home at last, after an extended stay in Glasgow at the Infirmary's pleasure! sad.gif

Get well soon, Misterioso. Was great to meet you and your other half. smile.gif

What a fantastic weekend! It was lovely meeting everyone, and there was some stunning playing too. Invariably, I derailed in my piece but managed to get back on track! wacko.gif

You played very well. smile.gif flute.gif

#370 louise1712

louise1712

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Member: 68484
  • London

Posted 16 April 2011 - 14:21

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Apr 16 2011, 02:24 PM) View Post

Must add my thanks to muzicalbadger and everyone else involved in the organisation - and of course to dizzyfingers for accompanying me, and keeping going even when I didn't!

A great day to look back upon smile.gif as I recuperate in my wheelchair....... sad.gif

Brilliant photos too!

Hope you're up and about soon Misterioso smile.gif

was lovely to meet you, and yes, you played very well smile.gif

#371 false_harmonic

false_harmonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Member: 53584

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:11

Sorry I couldn't be there, especially being a Glaswegian myself! But I moved away three days before the event! Glad to hear it was a great success, and hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.