muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Member: 65753
  • Scotland

Posted 09 September 2010 - 21:17

Well we finally have a date for the Scottish Forum event!!! It's going to be Sunday the 10th of April 2011!!!
It will be held in the centre of Glasgow, and I for one am very Very VERY excited about it!! So I thought I would create a little thread on it, for anyone's ideas and thoughts, and to see who else is as excited as me!!!!!
Hope you can all make it!!!! EVERYONE is welcome!! biggrin.gif

Ok everyone, here goes!!! The website is now LIVE!!!!! You should be able to find everything you need on it, if you have any questions please pm me!

To make it very clear this event needs to be OVER 18's ONLY due to the venue. This is stated several times throughout the website, and cannot be changed.

The closing date for entries is the 12th of March, so plenty of time to get those forms posted in! biggrin.gif

So here is the link!

Scottish Forum Event

#2 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 09 September 2010 - 21:24

QUOTE(muzikalbadger @ Sep 9 2010, 10:17 PM) View Post

Well we finally have a date for the Scottish Forum event!!! It's going to be Sunday the 10th of April 2011!!!
It will be held in the centre of Glasgow, and I for one am very Very VERY excited about it!! So I thought I would create a little thread on it, for anyone's ideas and thoughts, and to see who else is as excited as me!!!!!

I'll just put on record my congratulations to you, muzikalbadger. It's been a long time waiting for the first event north of the border, and you've already pulled a load of stops out, and found a lovely venue. Well done smile.gif

Particularly if you live in Central/Southern Scotland, time to stick this date in the diary, and to give muzikalbadger your support : she's worked very hard. smile.gif

#3 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 09 September 2010 - 21:26

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Sep 9 2010, 10:24 PM) View Post

I'll just put on record my congratulations to you, muzikalbadger. It's been a long time waiting for the first event north of the border, and you've already pulled a load of stops out, and found a lovely venue. Well done smile.gif

Particularly if you live in Central/Southern Scotland, time to stick this date in the diary, and to give muzikalbadger your support : she's worked very hard. smile.gif

Awwww thanks Barry blush.gif couldn't have done it without all your help and support either though!! Cant wait - its going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!

#4 tetrachord

tetrachord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Member: 61050
  • Central Scotland

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:19

Let me be the first to say I'm looking forward to it. smile.gif Quite nervous as I'm very shy and I've never been to an event like this before although it could be interesting to meet fellow forumites and see what they actually look like!

#5 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:07

QUOTE(tetrachord @ Sep 11 2010, 12:19 PM) View Post

Let me be the first to say I'm looking forward to it. smile.gif Quite nervous as I'm very shy and I've never been to an event like this before although it could be interesting to meet fellow forumites and see what they actually look like!

Yay!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you tetrachord!!! I'm sure lots of people will be nervous, but don't worry about it!! It's my first event too, and i'm helping organise it!! blink.gif Looking forward to it though!! It will be much fun!!!!

#6 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:13

QUOTE(muzikalbadger @ Sep 11 2010, 02:07 PM) View Post

QUOTE(tetrachord @ Sep 11 2010, 12:19 PM) View Post

Yay!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you tetrachord!!! I'm sure lots of people will be nervous, but don't worry about it!! It's my first event too, and i'm helping organise it!! blink.gif Looking forward to it though!! It will be much fun!!!!

You will be fine, muzikalbadger. I'll help you all the way. smile.gif

#7 anacrusis

anacrusis

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts
  • Member: 4852
  • Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:55

I'm afraid it clashes with the Scottish Recorder Orchestra rehearsal in Stilrling, so I for one won't be able to come...

#8 loubrad

loubrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Member: 113296
  • Glasgow

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:59

Great news biggrin.gif I have no idea what goes on at these events but will def be going! Is it just a chance to have a chat with other players or does everyone bring their instrument too? You asked for ideas Muzikalbadger- how about choosing a couple of pieces that people can pre-prepare for a play-along

#9 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 12 September 2010 - 13:04

QUOTE(loubrad @ Sep 12 2010, 01:59 PM) View Post

Great news biggrin.gif I have no idea what goes on at these events but will def be going! Is it just a chance to have a chat with other players or does everyone bring their instrument too? You asked for ideas Muzikalbadger- how about choosing a couple of pieces that people can pre-prepare for a play-along

Follow the links in the first post on this thread for background on various types of event.

#10 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 12 September 2010 - 13:33

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Sep 12 2010, 02:04 PM) View Post

QUOTE(loubrad @ Sep 12 2010, 01:59 PM) View Post

Follow the links in the first post on this thread for background on various types of event.

Thanks for the link Sbhoa!!!! I'm using your events and the players for pleasure, and any similar events as a guideline as i've never done this before!! biggrin.gif They look fab!! Loubrad, we will hopefully have a couple of ensemble pieces, and hopefully a big finale piece everyone can get involved with! Also thinking about possibly a couple of choir numbers, although not too sure yet! Obviously there will be the opportunity for solos/duets too, and accompaniments can be provided! What instrument do you play? Will be great to meet you on the day!!!!!! (and from what i've seen about other forum events there will also be plenty of chatting too!! tongue.gif )

#11 muzikalbadger

muzikalbadger

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 12 September 2010 - 21:41

Hi everyone, there is now a facebook event page for this event at
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/ev...2044&ref=ts

This at the moment is invite only by myself or barry-clari... Please PM us if you would like to join the page!! There will be information posted both on the forums, and on the facebook page in the run up to the event.

Very very excited!!! (about to do a barry-clari....) yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif

#12 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:32

QUOTE(muzikalbadger @ Sep 12 2010, 10:41 PM) View Post

Hi everyone, there is now a facebook event page for this event at
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/ev...2044&ref=ts

This at the moment is invite only by myself or barry-clari... Please PM us if you would like to join the page!! There will be information posted both on the forums, and on the facebook page in the run up to the event.

Very very excited!!! (about to do a barry-clari....) yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif

Well done, muzikalbadger smile.gif Am about to fire off a load of invites biggrin.gif

#13 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 16 September 2010 - 13:23

I have never yet attended a forum event, but am very tempted by this one. It's still a heck of a long way to go, but I would really like to meet some forumites in person and make music. I can't commit to it yet, but would like to get involved in an ensemble if possible, or maybe play a flute solo if someone can accompany and if it's okay to only be Grade 5-ish.

flute.gif

#14 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 16 September 2010 - 13:54

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Sep 16 2010, 02:23 PM) View Post

I have never yet attended a forum event, but am very tempted by this one. It's still a heck of a long way to go, but I would really like to meet some forumites in person and make music. I can't commit to it yet, but would like to get involved in an ensemble if possible, or maybe play a flute solo if someone can accompany and if it's okay to only be Grade 5-ish.

flute.gif

It's even ok to be grade 0ish. smile.gif
No minimum level for solo playing at forum events.

#15 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 16 September 2010 - 21:10

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Sep 16 2010, 02:23 PM) View Post

flute.gif

We can cater for all that smile.gif