jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2844 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:42

I used to really worry about being blunt with 'you're late' emails, but I don't mind now, and last year changed someone from monthly to half-termly in advance because they needed reminding every month. They're much better with their new system and the maximum number of times they'll need reminding has halvedbiggrin.png.

I charge for 4 lessons in advance and after the 4th lesson, I send a 'reminder' text - this seems to work really well with everyone. I don't know how many actually need reminding, but nobody has complained and I rarely have to send a second reminder.    

#32 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 09 July 2019 - 16:32

I am seriously considering transferring all my pupils to standing order payment. I am getting so fed up chasing people for money, sending out copy invoices and not getting paid when I should! I’m really not sure how it would work and was wondering if anyone else uses this format for payment? I was thinking of charging for 38 lessons per year for example and then dividing that into a monthly cost. I don’t credit lessons that are cancelled or missed unless there is ample notice or a very genuine reason. Would that stay the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance x

I do this but for 40 lessons a year.

This divides neatly into quarters and the minimum commitment is for 10 lessons over three months. 

#33 Dorcas

Dorcas

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts
  • Member: 887843
  • Hertfordshire

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:16

I have had more discussions about students missing lessons over the past couple of weeks.  It has only reinforced my opinion that an averaged payment system would not work for me, particularly when I have had to cancel or reschedule lessons, sometimes at short notice.  I think it is a system that can work for some teaching practises, just not mine.