• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Member: 899576

Posted 01 April 2019 - 17:22

Hello everyone,
Just a quick introduction
I'm just on the wrong side of 50 but still very young at heart
I've always loved music in many forms, I have played guitar on and off since my teen years although never taken an exam for it and I also enjoy playing both alto sax and piano. I passed grade 2 alto sax last year in July with distinction and was hoping to continue with both piano and sax at the same time but due to time constraints (working shifts) I decided to concentrate my studies on piano with intentions of going back to sax and guitar at a later time.
I've been having piano lessons with a fantastic teacher for around 10 months now, I am currently studying the syllabus for grade 3 piano and grade 5 theory with intentions of taking both at some time this year, hopefully the practical in session B July and theory in November, I took grade 2 last November and was extremely pleased that I passed with distinction.
I'm very much looking forward to chatting with like minded musicians and exploring the wealth of knowledge on this wonderful forum

Kind regards Andy

#2 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted 01 April 2019 - 17:52

Greetings, Andy!  Congratulations on your Grade 2 distinctions on Alto Sax and Piano! I hope you'll come post in the Summer Exams thread in the Adult Learner's forum.  I'd like to hear which pieces you'll be doing for Grade 3.

#3 ABN

ABN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Member: 899576

Posted 01 April 2019 - 18:35

Greetings, Andy!  Congratulations on your Grade 2 distinctions on Alto Sax and Piano! I hope you'll come post in the Summer Exams thread in the Adult Learner's forum.  I'd like to hear which pieces you'll be doing for Grade 3.

Hi and thanks Dr. Roger's, will do, see you over there