Jolly interesting one. It's certainly true that 99% (or more) of baroque and renaissance music appropriate for recorder is still available for you if you don't have a bottom C#, so I suppose the only question is whether you care very much about the remaining 1% (or less)? I have used it. For example, there's a gigue that I found in a Lonati violin sonata that's rather fun, and requires it (for a phrase that is played at one pitch and then echoed an octave below, so it'd be sad to substitute the note). But this isn't real recorder music. I also find that these notes tend to be weak (I play them mostly on a treble but using descant fingering, or sometimes on a keyless tenor). You are in the lucky situation that now you can make your own bits, you can try your own foot joint and enjoy it, and if you ever need a C#, you can re-fit the old foot!
Unrelated question: why is it that Barsanti's first collection of 12 recorder sonatas is so greatly loved, and performed widely on YouTube, but his second collection of 12 German flute sonatas barely features, even amongst the flute players? I found only one movement from one sonata on YouTube, played by an intrepid period flute player. They are accessible to recorder if desired, and I can't find anything horribly wrong with them compared to the true recorder sonatas (it's not like Barsanti suddenly mutated into a second-rate composer when he wrote them). They seem attractive to me.